Pages

English Português

Dec 31, 2012

Dear 2013...

Here is my very own and favorite New Year's tradition: on December 31st, I pick a pretty stationary and write a letter addressed to the year that is about to start. I begin with "Dear 2013" and proceed to write about all the wonderful things that have "happened" during that year and that I am grateful for. Of course none of these things will actually have happened yet, so the letter is ultimately a list of my wishes for the new year.
What I like about it is that it helps me set goals, write them down, and focus on what is most important to me. The fact that I am writing "from the future", being thankful for the year, sets a positive state of mind that all these things CAN and WILL be achieved!

After finishing the letter, I put it in an envelope and close it. On the envelope, I write "Open on December 31st, 2013". And I forget about it for a year... though I do not forget the achievements I have set for myself in the letter. 

Every year, when I open my letter, I am always amazed at how most things I have written about have in fact become true. So, this year, I invite you to try the same. If you can't find time to write it today, do not worry. It is never too late to set goals and wish for all the good things you want.

Happy New Year everyone! 2013 will be amazing... there's something in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment